Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Google Organic Listings loaded with Spam...

When you're looking for products on google, you end up searching through ton's of garbage sites known as scraper sites that waste your time. These scraper sites typically are loaded with google adwords advertisements. Why google allows these site to move to the top of the list is beyond me. Maybe they enjoy the revenue created when you click one of the adwords links. But in the end, google is a directory of directories.

It drives me crazy, I search for something, click on a site and it's another list of sites - all fluff, no content. Froogle now called Google Product Search does work pretty well when you are searching for a particular product. But the regular listings aren't doing it for me anymore.

Adwords Rock... Actually I get better results with the google adwords advertisements than I do with the organic listings. You have to figure people paying for adwords don't want clicks that don't convert into sales, so they make sure to list words that are relevant.

No comments: